<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

London work, my life, and my story 

So, where to begin? Well, I had my orientation today. This orientation was "for my benefit" apparently, to decide whether I wanted the position or not. Basically it comes down to this: I can't get a job that I am qualified to do, and I can't get a job I am overqualified to do. She said that her only problem with me was that she thought I would get bored too easily doing this job. God damn it, I can't win can I? So, after some convincing that this was my dream job etc... I was happy there was room for advancement (which was true), she said she would love to have me on. It was kinda nice actually, she said they love people like me who are too good to be true, but are wary at the same time that I would leave for something as quickly as possible... which is true, but I didn't let her know that.

Tomorrow she calls me and tells me where exactly I will be working. It will be in Central London (the good parts) for sure, but not sure what office yet... or if I will be a floater, going from office to office weekly to help out. That is kinda cool too actually, but we will see. I asked for the 24th off, because of Lisa's wedding, which was cool with them. Hmmm, what else? Not much right now honestly. I need to find a place to live, get a bank account, and basically get settled. I also need to find enough cash to survive for the first month!!! Sigh, ya know, I am definitely getting too old to start over all the time. Anyway, gotta go look for a place to live, and all that jazz. Hmmm, I really want to say more, but I can't think of anything!!! My life has been really boring lately considering where I am. Well, hope everything is well back home, and I can officially say that the offer to come visit me is open!!!! Oh!!! I know one thing I was going to say: Colin!!!! GRATS ON THE HOUSE!!!! WOOT!!! Wish I was there to help you move in ;)

So sits, somewhat pleased, but more indifferent,
the Desk Gremlin

Any problems or comments for the Grotto should be directed to a dark place, or if you really must, daiunus@yahoo.ca
Comments:
HI Pete,
Thank God you still got the job!!!
What they don't know won't hurt them!!! Good that you got the 24th off for Lisa"s wedding.
MOM
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?